Sunday, November 9, 2014

Professional Goal

My goal is simple. I want to teach and mentor Child Care Providers. As I was researching how that might look I choose to get a T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship and take a class or two. I had the privilege of meeting with a T.E.A.C.H. Counselor at the WECA Conference last October. She thought that the Credit for Prior Learning Class would help me. She told me that sometimes we need to organize our past to have a better grip on what we should pursue in the future.  I pondered that for a long time.  Regardless of how my future work schedule looks I think that I will always want to learn so that I can be a part of the future of ECE.

Teaching “Guard Your Heart” Bible Study at my church has given me some new confidence also. My Pastor told me that the way to know if you have the gift of teaching is to teach and see if anyone comes. I started with eight student and went to sixteen :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment