Monday, January 26, 2015

”Keirsey Temperament Sorter Results”


We had to take the ”Keirsey Temperament Test" 
in my Credit for Prior Learning Class.
I am a Guardian.  Taking time to understand your temperament and the temperament of others is necessary for good relationships with children, peers and parents.  For example, I had a mother in my Family Child Care that was an Artisan. At first I found her rude and condescending. When I understood the differences in temperaments our relationship grew to mutual respect.  She had a high position in a company and being an Artisan temperament was pivotal to her success.  I can better understand and teach the children in my care when I identify their temperaments.  
As I identify temperaments in children (or staff for that matter) I can see where the characteristics in themselves are not good or bad, but when exaggerated, could cause problems.  A Guardian child might not say anything if a child takes a toy from him while a Rational might not hesitate to hit him.  The Guardian, while hearing “good job” when he is cooperative might have to be taught how to communicate their needs better.  A Rational while being taught to be kind might also need to be encouraged in a positive leadership role. 

I think this is part of the reason why God says, "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6)".  We have to understand scripture and the child well enough so we can direct them in "the way he should go".  Each child will have a different path to the same Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment